The idea of volunteering as we know it now, came to Russia in the 90-s. The first NGOs also started to appear at this period of time. At first, SFERA Movement was one of projects of Nizhny Novgorod Voluntary Service for 5 years, and was established as an independed NGO on the 6th of March, 2007.
The very first workcamp organised by Nizhny Novgorod Voluntary Service was in the Kerzhenets Reserve in 2001. Volunteers from Germany, the Czech Republic, Belgium, Poland and Italy were renovating the school building and cleaning the territory of the reserve during 2 weeks.
Since then, we annualy organize around 15 projects a year all over Russia. With help of the volunteers we
- paint the hallway of the orpahange in Nizhny Novgorod
- clean the garden and help to organize ecological festival in Kronstadt
- improved the botanical garden of Moscow State University
- dig out the monument of late mesolite epoch in the Chuvash Republic
- build touristic path in the Altun Mountain Natural Reserve in the Altai mountains
- restored books in the children library in Nizhny Novgorod regon village
and we can go on and on!
Check out our newest list of workcamps for the upcoming season here!
In case of any questions please contact: