This orientation program is specially designed for international students newly admitted to a university in Nizhny Novgorod in fall 2016. This program is 4-month-long project full of sessions and activities. During this program you as a participant will have a chance to learn about culture and social life of Nizhny Novgorod beyond the campus, get a buddy and meet new friends from other universities, work on your Russian and become a local! ;)
What’s in the program?
- Orientation sessions about Russian culture, traditions, cultural adjustment and much more
- Excursions and workshops about the city with representatives of NGOS, universities and active citizens
- Culture and language sessions
- Cooking evenings and Welcome Social Party
- Buddy system where each participant has a local mentor
- Creation of an international student team that will involve other students in the life of Nizhny Novgorod
Who’s in charge?
The program has been developed by the nonprofit organizations Nizhny Novgorod Volunteer Service and Sfera Movement that organizes volunteer projects in Russia through Erasmus+ as well as runs local events such as Solyanka Language Exchange.
We are looking for a newcomer who is about to start a first year in Nizhny Novgorod and willing to discover the city beyond the campus and take an active part in various social and cultural events. The level of English should be good enough to communicate and take part in discussions.
Sounds interesting! How do I take part?
Look forward to meeting you!